Club History

In 2006 Orbost Golf Club celebrated its’ Centenary having originally been formed as the Snowy River Golf Club and played on private land near the banks of the Snowy River just to the south of town. In the 1930’s the Golf Club relocated to its present site and was renamed Orbost Golf Club. The land was shared by the Show grounds and Racing Club. Orbost Golf Club later acquired the land outright to provide a permanent home for golfers in Orbost and surrounding district.

Over the years the club has seen many improvements, and our modern Clubhouse compares favourably with any in Gippsland. Water was introduced to maintain the greens and tees many years ago, and some watering points on the fairways added later. The ever increasing cost of water has led the club to upgrade sprinklers around the greens and tees whilst the fairways have a mix of native grasses and introduced species and are left to themselves. There are many species of trees around the course, which attract a wide range of birdlife, and kangaroos are often seen around the course later in the day.

With 18 holes on a tight layout Orbost presents a challenge to all golfers, and includes some magnificent views of the famous Snowy River flats. Memberships are available to Adults, Juniors, Intermediate and Country Members and visitors are always welcome to come and play, with modest green fees of $20.00 per round. Under 18 players pay half.

Address: 96 Bonang Highway, Orbost, Victoria, 3888.

Post:        P O Box 153, Orbost, Victoria, 3888.

Telephone/Fax: 61 3 5154 1025               E-mail: