Welcome to Orbost Golf Club, we look forward to your visit.
Orbost Golf Club was first established back in 1906 as the Snowy River Golf Club, and played for several years on private land near the banks of the Snowy River. Several years later (and a few floods as well) it was decided to move to the present site just on the edge of town, sharing the land with the local Race Club and Show Society. In following years the Race Club and Show Society moved and the Golf Club acquired the land outright.
The course has remained much the same since it first came to this site, with just a few changes. Just recently one major change has seen the removal of the pine plantations which were a feature of the course. This was needed due to the damage the roots were causing to machinery, and the fact they were becoming dangerous to staff and golfers.
The clubhouse is a modern, well appointed building which serves not only the members, but is also made available for weddings and other functions, at a modest hire fee.
Cloud formation over Orbost Golf course October 2015.